As much as you love your BOB stroller, you might not love cleaning it. After all, it can get dirty, dusty, muddy, sticky, or smelly after a long day of adventure. You might wonder if you can wash your BOB stroller and how. Yes, you can wash your bob stroller. However, you must follow some steps and precautions to do it properly and safely. You might also worry about damaging your BOB stroller if you don’t clean it properly.
If you are a parent who loves outdoor activities with your child, you might own a BOB stroller. BOB strollers are one of the best jogging strollers on the market. This product is built to last, provide adequate safety and comfort, and is adaptable to different uses. They can handle any terrain with ease and comfort. This stroller also adapts to different situations and needs with various features and accessories.
Don’t worry; we are here to help. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to wash and care for your BOB stroller. We will cover:
• How to wash BOB stroller fabric
• How to clean the BOB stroller frame
• How to clean BOB stroller tires
• How to store the BOB stroller properly
Following this guide, you can keep your BOB stroller clean and well-maintained. This will improve its hygiene, safety, comfort, durability, appearance, and performance. So let’s get started!
How to Wash BOB Stroller Fabric
The first step in washing your BOB stroller is to wash the fabric parts. The fabric parts include the seat pad, the canopy, and the basket. These parts are removable and washable. Here is how to wash them:
• Remove the fabric parts from the stroller frame. To remove the seat pad, unfasten the buckles and snaps that attach it to the frame. To remove the canopy, unscrew the knobs that secure it to the frame. Remove the basket and unhook the elastic loops that connect it to the frame.
• Machine wash or hand wash the fabric parts with mild soap and water. You can use a gentle cycle and cold water if you machine wash them. You can also use a soft brush or a sponge if you hand wash them. Do not use any bleach or fabric softeners as these can damage the fabric.
• Dry the fabric parts with air drying or tumble drying. You can hang them on a clothesline or a drying rack if you air dry them. You can also use a low heat setting if you tumble dry them. Do not use any iron or dryer sheets, as these can damage the fabric.
• Reattach the fabric parts to the stroller frame. To reattach the seat pad, fasten the buckles and snaps that secure it to the frame. For reattaching the canopy, screw the knobs that attach it to the frame. To reattach the basket, hook the elastic loops that connect it to the frame.
How to Clean BOB Stroller Frame
The second step in cleaning your BOB stroller is to clean the frame. The frame includes the metal bars, the plastic parts, and the moving parts such as the wheels, the brakes, and the suspension system. These parts are not removable, but they are easy to wipe and lubricate. Here is how to clean them:
• Remove the wheels from the stroller frame. To remove the rear wheels, press the release buttons on both sides of the axle and pull them off. To remove the front wheel, pull the quick-release lever and slide it off.
• Wipe the frame with a damp cloth or sponge and mild soap. You can use a soft cloth or a sponge to wipe the metal bars and the plastic parts of the frame. You can also use a mild soap or detergent to remove any dirt or stains. Do not use any abrasive or corrosive cleaners, as these can damage the frame.
• Lubricate the moving parts with silicone spray or bike oil. You can use a silicone spray or bike oil to lubricate the moving parts of the frame, such as the wheel hubs, the brake cables, the suspension system, and the folding mechanism. This will help them move smoothly and prevent rust and corrosion. Do not use any grease or petroleum-based products, as these can attract dirt and dust.
• Reattach the wheels to the stroller frame. To reattach the rear wheels, align them with the axle and push them until they click. To reattach the front wheel, slide it into the fork and close the quick-release lever.
How to Clean BOB Stroller Tires
The third step in cleaning your BOB stroller is to clean the tires. The tires are the parts that touch the ground and get the most dirt and wear. They are also the parts that affect the speed, performance, and comfort of your BOB stroller. Here is how to clean them:
• Check the tire pressure and inflate them as needed. You can use a tire gauge to measure the tire pressure and a bike pump to inflate them. Follow the recommended tire pressure for your BOB stroller model, which is usually between 25 and 35 psi. You can find this information on the sidewall of the tire or in the user manual. You should check and adjust the tire pressure regularly to ensure optimal performance and safety.
• Remove any debris or dirt from the tires with a brush or a hose. You can use a stiff brush or a hose to remove any debris or dirt that might be stuck on the tires or between the treads. You should do this after every use or whenever you notice any accumulation of dirt. This will help prevent punctures, leaks, or damage to the tires.
• Patch any punctures or leaks with a tire repair kit. If you notice any punctures or leaks on your tires, you should fix them as soon as possible to avoid further damage or injury. You can use a tire repair kit that contains a patch, glue, and tools to seal the hole and restore the air pressure. You should follow the instructions of the kit carefully and test the tire before using it again.
How to Store BOB Stroller Properly
The fourth and final step in caring for your BOB stroller is to store it properly. Storing your BOB stroller properly will help protect it from dust, moisture, sunlight, heat, insects, rodents, or other factors that might damage it. Here is how to store it properly:
• Fold the stroller and secure it with the folding latch. To fold your BOB stroller, you need to follow these steps:
• Engage the parking brake and lock the front wheel if it is swivelling.
• Release the canopy and recline the seat to the lowest position.
• Pull up the red levers on both sides of the frame and push the handlebar forward.
• Fold the stroller in half and secure it with the folding latch.
• Store the stroller in a dry and cool place away from direct sunlight or heat sources. You should store your BOB stroller in a dry and cool place, such as a closet, a garage, a basement, or a shed. You should avoid storing it in places that are exposed to direct sunlight or heat sources, such as windows, radiators, fireplaces, or heaters. These can fade, warp, crack, or melt the fabric or plastic parts of your BOB stroller.
• Use a travel bag or a cover to protect the stroller from dust or moisture. You can use a travel bag or a cover to protect your BOB stroller from dust or moisture when you store it. A travel bag is a padded bag that can fit your folded BOB stroller and protect it from scratches or dents. A cover is a waterproof cloth that can wrap around your folded BOB stroller and protect it from dust or moisture. You can find these products on the official BOB website or on other online retailers
BOB strollers are one of the best options for active parents who love outdoor activities with their children. They are durable, safe, comfortable, and versatile. It can handle different types of terrain with ease and comfort. They can also adapt to different situations and needs with various features and accessories.
But as much as you love your BOB stroller, you also need to take good care of it. Cleaning and maintaining your BOB stroller regularly will not only improve its hygiene, safety, comfort, and durability but also its appearance and performance.
In this article, we have provided you with a step-by-step guide on how to wash and care for your BOB stroller. We have covered how to wash BOB stroller fabric, how to clean BOB stroller frame, how to clean BOB stroller tires, and how to store BOB stroller properly. We have also given you some tips and recommendations on how to do it effectively and safely.
Thank you for reading this article, and we hope you enjoy your BOB stroller experience. If you have any feedback or comments, please feel free to share them with us.
Here are some frequently asked questions about washing and caring for BOB strollers that you might find useful:
Q: How often should I wash my BOB stroller?
A: There is no definitive answer to this question, as it depends on how often and where you use your BOB stroller. However, a general rule of thumb is to wash your BOB stroller at least once a month or whenever it gets visibly dirty or smelly. You should also wash your BOB stroller before storing it for a long time or after using it in harsh conditions such as rain, snow, mud, or sand.
Q: What kind of soap or detergent should I use to wash my BOB stroller?
A: You should use a mild soap or detergent that is suitable for delicate fabrics and does not contain any bleach or fabric softeners. These can damage the fabric or plastic parts of your BOB stroller. You can also use a specialized cleaner that is designed for jogging strollers, such as the BOB Gear Cleaner, which can remove dirt, stains, odours, and bacteria from your BOB stroller.
Q: Can I use a pressure washer or a steam cleaner to clean my BOB stroller?
A: No, you should not use a pressure washer or a steam cleaner to clean your BOB stroller. These can damage the fabric or plastic parts of your BOB stroller by causing tears, cracks, warping, or melting. They can also force water into the moving parts of your BOB stroller, such as the wheel hubs, the brake cables, the suspension system, and the folding mechanism. This can cause rust, corrosion, or malfunction.
Q: How do I remove stubborn stains from my BOB stroller?
A: If you have stubborn stains on your BOB stroller that cannot be removed by regular washing, you can try some of these methods:
• Use a stain remover that is suitable for delicate fabrics and does not contain any bleach or fabric softeners. You can apply it directly to the stain and let it sit for a few minutes before washing.
• Use a mixture of baking soda and water to make a paste and apply it to the stain. Let it dry completely, and then brush it off with a soft cloth.
• Use a mixture of vinegar and water to spray on the stain and let it soak for a few minutes before washing.
• Use a mixture of lemon juice and salt to rub on the stain and let it sit for a few minutes before washing.
Q: How do I prevent mould or mildew from growing on my BOB stroller?
A: Mold or mildew can grow on your BOB stroller if you store it when it is wet or damp. To prevent this from happening, you should always make sure that your BOB stroller is completely dry before storing it. You should also store it in a dry and cool place away from direct sunlight or heat sources. If you notice any signs of mould or mildew on your BOB stroller, such as black spots or a musty smell, you should wash it immediately with mild soap and water and dry it thoroughly.